Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Please wait to be seated

It's so distressing to not have had a minute of sleep in the night and then see that the sun is making it's reappearance. And it is in this moment you realize that, until the sun goes down again, you will struggle to keep your eyes open and keep your thoughts coherent for the rest of the day.

I will now be having one of those days.

I had a really interesting conversation today. I was at The Den @UrbanXChange helping out with a "little" project when this really amazing woman came by to help out as well. I had met Alease a few years ago when she worked at a coffee shop and I worked at the bakery around the corner. She was asking me about my involvement with The Den and what I'm going to be doing in the future. I kind of rattled on about this and that, trying to sound more important and impressive than I really am. Most of the things I said I was going to do I didn't really believe I was going to follow up on. And then this next sentence came out of my mouth and for the first time, I honestly believed that it would actually happened. I didn't get that sick-to-my-stomach feeling as the silent waves of fear, doubt, and the rest crashed over me.

"Actually Alease, I fully intend on having opened my own restaurant within the next 5 years."

Oh God, did I really just make that statement? As I kept babbling on about this dream/idea, I let myself believe that it would come to fruition. She asked a few more questions about it, some of which I had an answer for, some I didn't.

I think it's going to happen. I don't know how, or where... just that I want it to.

No comments: