Tuesday, December 15, 2009

dreams and visions

I've been having a series of very vivid dreams over the past few weeks.

It all started with a dream I had about having lunch with a very notable person. The specifics of the dream are not that important really, it's more that I could taste how amazing this food was in my dream. I remember thinking, "this is the most amazing tasting food I've ever had in my life." The conversation between my dinner guest and I was pleasant. I was sad that it ended.

The next dream was just a few days ago. I was with a friend in their home getting ready for a party of some sort. We were dressing up and getting ready for a wonderful evening. I remember at some point in the dream looking over at her collection of eye makeup and thinking, "my gosh, I've never seen such beautiful shades of purple." I was so amazed at how beautiful the colors sparkled and remained in my memory.

The last dream was early this morning. I wish I could remember who all was there. I know it was family members... Laura, Keith, my Dad. I don't think my Mom was there. We were all sitting around the living room chatting and having a good time when someone suggested we watch a home movie. I sat back as the movie was put in and before I knew it, we where watching a home movie about me. It was a movie someone had taken of me what I was maybe 5 or 6. All I remember about the story is that I was being interviewed for some reason and I just kept saying silly things. All of us that where watching this tape where laughing at how silly this little girls is. I remember thinking, "What a joy this little girl is. I can't believe that it's actually me." The other part of the dream that was so vivid was that while I was being interviewed I kept playing with this beautiful pink feather. I don't know... it was strange and wonderful at the same time.

I don't always know if our dreams are supposed to mean something. I'd like to think they do. I would like to think it is God's way of communicating with me while I'm in my most receiving state. Or maybe my dreams are just a product of the sushi I ate last night?

I wish to visit that little girl with the pink feather in my dreams again. She filled me with happiness and made me feel hopeful.

No comments: